The LNCP guidance department team consists of:
- Jennifer Gawenda: Guidance Counselor
- Wayne Wenzel: Principal/Dean of Students
- Nancy Sadek: Director of Special Services
- Sue Lichner: Admissions and Recruitment Director
The goal of guidance is to assist students in becoming independent, mature, responsible, and healthy members of society. The ongoing aim of this department is to aid each student in his/her quest for successful self-direction and development from a Christian perspective.
The Guidance Team serves our students by...
- Encourage students to develop a healthy and realistic view of themselves in relation to their environment.
- Help students plan, evaluate, practice, and problem-solve, as the individual has needs.
- Assist teachers and parents in helping students deal with their problems.
Guidance Services Include:
- Assist in course and academy selection
- Testing for placement, career interests, academic development, and college admissions
- Dissemination of occupational, scholarship, and educational information
- Referral resources for students and parents
- Personal-social counseling
- New student orientation
- College, employment, and career instruction/guidance
- Study skill instruction
- Peer counseling and peer mediation
College and Career Events
- Navy Pier College Fair: Click here for the flyer and click here to register for colleges you would like to speak with.
- Representatives from Alverno College will be at Luther North on Wednesday, September 9th at 2:00 pm. (Junior and senior girls only.)
- Representatives from Visible Music College will be at Luther North on Friday, September 11th at 11:15 am.
- Representatives from Palm Beach Atlantic University will be at Luther North on Tuesday, October 6th at 9:00 am.
- Representatives from Dominican University will be at Luther North on Tuesday, October 13th at 2:15 pm.
- Representatives from Monmouth College will be at Luther North on Thursday, October 15th at 2:30 pm.
- Representatives from Illinois College will be at Luther North on Monday, October 26th at 11:30 am.
- Representatives from the Massachusetts College of Pharmacy will be her on Wednesday, November 4th at 1:45 pm.