The four required credits in English are normally earned at one or more levels of English 1-8. Students placed in advanced classes in English earn advanced level credit. Advanced English classes are offered all four years. Selected students may be required to take a reading class in their freshman year which will not count toward the required four years of English. Students will also take Public Speaking their junior year.
Dual credit is offered through Concordia University for Advanced Placement English. About 35% of this year’s senior class is in Advanced Placement English.
- Advanced English 1 & 2: Advanced Literature and Communication
- English 1 & 2: Self and Society
- Advanced English 3 & 4: Critical Thinking in Reading and Composition
- English 3 & 4: The World Around Us in Literature and Writing
- Advanced English 5 & 6: Issues in World Literature and Composition
- English 5 & 6: Moral Issues in Literature and Writing
- Advanced Placement English
- English 7 & 8: Journeys in Self Expression
- Public Speaking
- Accelerated Reader