Once a student has submitted an application for admissions and taken the entrance exam the family can apply for scholarships and financial aid. We realize that occasionally there are special circumstances that may not fit this timeline and we are eager to work with families individually when this happens.
Process for applying:
- Complete admission application
- Take the entrance exam
- Based on the December entrance exam scores, students that qualify for the freshmen scholarships will be notified by the end of December and sent the application to submit. Application deadline: February 15, 2016.
- Included in this packet are applications for other scholarships. Please check the requirements and deadlines before submitting the forms.
- Applications for financial aid are all processed through FACTS.org. Families can begin applying in January. Families will be mailed an informational packet with instructions the 2nd week in January.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT FINANCIAL AID
- All scholarships, grants and/or tuition discounts are applied towards tuition only. All required fees are the responsibility of those paying each student’s bill.
- The scholarships, grants, and/or tuition discounts are determined by the length of enrollment, eligibility, and/or qualification during any given year. Financial assistance in the case of termination of enrollment or eligibility is not refundable, just as required fees are not refundable.
- Families must apply each year for financial assistance. This will be done via RenWeb and FACTS.org
- Apply early for financial aid. Applications are submitted and processed monthly. We cannot guarantee any Financial Aid to those who apply after April 1, 2016.
- If any amount of tuition, fees, fines or replacement costs for lost or damaged school property are not paid prior to the end of that semester, Luther North’s Board of Trustees’ policy states that all such students are to be withheld from enrolling and attending the next semester session. Official transcripts will be withheld until debt owed to LNCP is paid in full. The same policy applies to graduation. Students with any tuition, fees, fines or replacement costs in arrears will be withheld from graduation ceremonies, and receipt of transcripts and/or diploma will be withheld until such debts and resultant fines are paid in full. Payments made by personal check, business check, or online by ACH will be subject to a 14 day hold to allow for clearance of funds.
- In each payment plan, required fees are included in the first payment. These are not refundable under any circumstances, nor are they discounted due to the school financial assistance program. Tuition is non-refundable once a semester has begun.
- Each person responsible for each family’s tuition fee bill must sign the “Luther North College Prep Financial Commitment Form” and “Smart Tuition Form” before any tuition scholarships, grants, or discounts are applied to the tuition bill.
- All required forms and procedures must be completed by the published deadlines.
- Students must maintain passing grades; failures or multiple “D” grades will eliminate them from program participation. In addition, any student put on disciplinary probation may also eliminate them from program participation.
Required Documents for Financial Aid Packet
- Copy of 2014 or 2015 IRS Federal Tax Form 1040, 1040A, 1040-EZ
- Copies of all 2015 W-2 Wage and Tax Statements for both the applicant and co-applicant
- Copies of all supporting documentation for household Non-Taxable Income such as: Social Security Income, Welfare, Child Support, Food Stamps, Workers' Compensation, and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Copies of all supporting tax schedules if you have an income/loss from any of the following:
- Business (Form 1040 Line 12) send Schedule C or C-EZ and Form 4562 Depreciation and Amortization
- Farm (Form 1040 Line 18) send Schedule F and FOrm 4562 Depreciation and Amortization
- Rental Property (Form 1040 Line 17) send Schedule E (page 1)
- S-Corporation (Form 1040 Line 17) send Schedule E (page 2), Form 1120S (4 pages), Schedule K-1 and Form 8825
- Partnership (Form 1040 Line 17) send Schedule E (page 2), Form 1065 (5 pages), Schedule K-1 and Form 8825
- Estates and Trusts (Form 1040 Line 17) send Schedule E (page 2), Form 1041 and Schedule K-1
IMPORTANT: If you file a tax return but do not have W-2 wages because you are self-employed, you will be required to submit a copy of your 2015 Federal Form 1040 Tax Return